The 10th St.-Petersburg International Economic Forum. The National Belarusian Exhibition in St.-Petersburg
June 21, 2006
According to the Decree of the President of Russian Federation from June 13 till June 15, 2006 in St.-Petersburg the 10th Petersburg International Economic Forum was held.
The main topics of the plenary sessions of the Forum have been as follows:
- Calls of Globalization. Competitive advantages of less developed countries
- Analysis of the strong and weak parties of Russia’s economy. Opportunities and calls.
The topics for round tables:
- Innovative economy (moderator: Mr. A. Fursenko, Minister of Education and Science of Russian Federation);
- Raw materials economy (moderators: Mr. V. Khristenko, Minister of Industry and Power of Russian Federation and Mr. Yu. Trutnev, Minister of Natural Resources of Russian Federation);
- Efficiency of an administrative resource (moderator: Mr. W.Narushkin, Chief of Administration in the Government of Russian Federation);
- Legal ensuring of institutional reforms (moderator: Mr. A.Ivanov, Chairman of High Arbitration Court of Russian Federation);
- Whether there is a chance to overcome corruption? (moderator: Mr. M.Barschevsky, proxy representative of the Government of Russian Federation in the Constitutional Court);
- New large team of four “BRIC” (Brazil, Russia, India, China);
- Partnership of the state and business. New tools of state investment policy;
- Time to invest in Russia;
- The new staff for new economy.
Within the framework of the Forum the following events have been carried out:
- Session of Investment Commission on selection of the projects applying for support of Investment Fund of Russian Federation, with the subsequent press conference;
- The ceremony of presenting “Global energy” Prize;
- Exhibition “Innovative achievements”, “New technologies in Fuel Industry”, an Exhibition of the Investment Projects, presentations of the countries — visitors of the Forum.
Upon termination of the Forum in "Lenexpo" the press-conference devoted to results of the 10th Petersburg International Economic Forum was held. The co-chairs of the Forum’s Organizing Committee Ms. V.Matvienko and Mr. H.Gref, Minister of Economic Development and Trade have taken part.
According to the Minister, the Petersburg Economic Forum organized by the Government of Russia, Council of Federation and Government of St.-Petersburg became the main economic forum of the country. This year more than 5 thousand participants from 46 countries have taken part in it. The Petersburg Forum was visited by Mr. V.Putin, the President of Russian Federation; President of Finland T.Halonen; ministers of economy of Brazil, India and China — countries, which last years, alongside with Russia, are the world leaders on the rate of economic growth.
In accordance with the Decision of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of 19.01.2006 # 58 Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Trade and Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in cooperation with the Representative Office of Belarus Embassy in Russian Federation in St.-Petersburg have organized a National Exhibition of the Republic of Belarus in St.-Petersburg in the period of 13-15 June, 2006. It was held in the framework of the Forum in the Fifth pavilion of "Lenexpo" Expocentre. Simultaneously with the National Exhibition of Belarus in the pavilions of Expocentre the other international exhibitions were organizes, such as: “Innovative Achievements”, “New technologies in Fuel Industry”, an Exhibition of the Investment Projects and national exhibitions of Poland and India.
The purpose of Belarus participation in the exhibition is the demonstration of achievements of Belarusian economy, development of trade and economic cooperation and strengthening of friendship between the peoples.
The National Belarusian Exhibition occupied about 1000 sq.m. Over 100 enterprises belonging to the Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Ministry of Architecture and Construction, Ministry of Information, Ministry of Education, State Committee for Science and Technologies, National Academy of Sciences, concerns “Bellesbumprom”, “Belgospischeprom”, “Bellegprom”, and “Belneftekhim” have taken part in it. The Assistant to the Prime-Minister of the Republic of Belarus – the Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of Belarus Mr. V.Dolgolev and the First Deputy Minister of Information Ms. L.Ananich participated in the official opening ceremony.
The State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus was the collective organizer of the stand of S&T developments. It occupied the territory of 98 sq.m. where about 200 exhibits were presented. 12 universities of the Ministry of Education and 5 R&D institutions of Belarus National Academy of Sciences have taken part in the Forum. The developments exposed have caused the large interest of the visitors of the Forum.
On results of the Forum the Ministry of education, Belarus National Academy of Sciences and the State Committee on Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus were awarded with the diplomas of the participants of the Forum.
Information on the theme:
X Petersburg International Economic Forum