On 4-7 April, 2006 the XIII International Specialized Exhibition and Congress on Telecommunications, Information and Bank Technologies "TIBO-2006" was held in Minsk.
TIBO has got traditions and is the largest exhibition in Belarus in the sphere of information and communication technologies. It is held since 1994. Organizers of the exhibition: Ministry of Communications and Information, JSC “Technique and Communications”, State Committee for Science and Technologies, Ministry of Information, National Academy of Sciences, Republican Union “Information Society», Ministry of Industry, National Bank, State Centre of Safety of the Information, Ministry of Education, Minsk Executive Committee, etc.
The aim of the exhibition is to give an opportunity to a wide circle of visitors and experts to get acquainted with the newest types of production of the leading manufacturers of telecommunication equipment, computers, software, information and bank systems, and also enterprises and organizations rendering information services and service of communication. TIBO is naturally named “as a mirror of telecommunication and information technologies market”. The most advanced technological achievements and actors working in the Belarusian market of information technologies are represented there. Participants represent not only ready decisions, but also results of scientific research, perspective developments. World known manufacturers of telecommunication equipment and all known Belarusian companies acting in the IT-market, Belarusian academic science, leading universities of the country traditionally take part in TIBO. In 2006 more than 200 companies from 15 countries were exhibited: “BELTELEKOM”, “SVJAZINFORMSERVICE", "ALCATEL", "ISKRATEL", "ERIKSSON", “PROFESSIONAL NETWORK SYSTEMS”, "TUSSON", "ORBITEL", “MOBITEC GROUP”, “MOBILE TELESYSTEMS”, “LG ELECTRONICS” and many others. TIBO is the most attended exhibition in the republic. Annually more than 30 thousand the experts receive an opportunity to familiarize with advanced technics and software, tendencies of development of all the sectors of information sphere.
The following VIP-persons took part in the opening ceremony: V. Gapeev, Deputy Prime Minister; V. Goncharenko, Minister of Communication and Information; V. Matyushkov, Chairman of the State Committee for Science and Technologies; A. Zhuk, First Deputy Minister of Education; Y. Ilyutchenko, Head of the State Centre of Safety at the President of the Republic of Belarus; M. Myasnikovich, Chairman of Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences; V. Rusakevich, Minister of Information; G. Svidersky, Deputy Minister of Industry; M. Sventitsky, First Deputy Minister of Trade; V. Kueshov, Chairman of BelCoopSoyuz Governing Board; M. Batura, Rector of the Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radio Electronics; S. Rakhmanov, First Vice-rector of the Belarusian State University; A. Dudarev, Chief of department of the State Military and Industrial Committee; etc. During the tour around the exhibition the VIP-persons visited SCS&T’s section.
The SCS&T together with BelISA played the role of the collective organizer of the S&T section at TIBO. Its total area reached 135 sq. m. 20 R&D organizations and universities of Ministry of Education and the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus have taken part in its work. For the first time organizations of the State Military and Industrial Committee and the State Centre of Safety of Information took part in the R&D section. In total, over 80 developments in the field of information and communication technologies, computer designing, technical protection of the information were exhibited.
The following organizations were awarded with the diplomas of TIBO:
- The State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus for organization of the collective stand of R&D and support to the project “The International Specialized Exhibition and Congress TIBO-2006”;
- BelISA for managing and organization of the collective R&D section;
- Belarusian State University for the development of corporate information system of complex automation of conducting document circulation and reporting in institutions of higher education;
- Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus for organization and active participation in preparation of the collective R&D exposition of universities;
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radio Electronics for the contribution to the development and use of IT in education and S&T activities;
- United Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for the development “Computer technologies of designing of the modular equipment for metal working”.
- United Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for the development “Family of hardware-software complexes “ DISKAN” for input of large-format documents”;
- National Centre of Information Resources and Technologies of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for the development and introduction of the program complex “Electronic delivery of the documents on the basis of the Central scientific library of the NAS”;
- Research Institute of Technical Protection of Information for the development of domestic technologies in the field of technical protection of information;
- Research Institute of Computers for quality and complexity of development of specialized adapters for the means of computers;
- BelISA for the best branch collective exposition.