Belarusian Industrial Forum-2006
The 9th International Industrial Exhibition "BELPROMEXPO"
May 30, 2006
On 16-19 May, 2006 the 2nd Belarusian Industrial Forum was held in Minsk (Football arena at Pobediteley prospect, 20/2) according to the Order of the Prime-Minister of the Republic of Belarus of 31 October, 2005 # 154p. Its program included the following events:
- The 10th International Specialized Exhibition “Energy and Resource Saving”,
- The 9th International Industrial Exhibition "BELPROMEXPO”,
- The 7th International Specialized Exhibition "Welding",
- The 9th International Symposium “Technologies — Equipment – Quality”,
- The 3rd Competition of Energy Efficient Technologies and Equipment,
- The 2nd Competition of the Welders,
The Belarusian Industrial Forum was carried out with the support of the Ministry of Industry of the Republic of Belarus, Committee on Energy Efficiency at the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus, State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus, National Academy of Sciences, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Trade, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Architecture and Construction, Ministry of Transport and Communications, Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
The following officials have taken part in the opening ceremony: Assistant to the Prime-Minister of the Republic of Belarus Mr. V.Burya, Assistant to the Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of Russian Federation in a Northwest Federal District Ms. L.Sovershayeva, First Vice-president of the Committee on Energy Efficiency at the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus Mr. L.Shenets, Deputy Minister of Industry Mr. G.Svidersky, Vice-president of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus Mr. P.Vityaz, Assistant to the Prime-Minister of the Republic of Belarus, Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of the Republic of Belarus in Russian Federation Mr. V.Dolgolev, Ambassador of Russian Federation in Belarus Mr.A.Surikov, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus Mr.V.Pugachev, Minister of Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Belarus Mr. V.Belokhvostov.
The main goals of the Belarusian Industrial Forum are as follows:
- To promote increase of the domestic enterprises’ energy efficiency, that is a pledge of competitiveness of Belarusian production;
- To promote enterprises and organizations of the Republic of Belarus in expansion of high-tech competitive production in the internal and external markets;
- Introduction of new science-based technologies and equipment;
- Development of international cooperation;
- Attraction of the investments into Belarusian industry.
Achievement of these goals together with maintenance of power safety of the country remains one of the most urgent problems for the Belarusian economy. The increased interest to a Forum from the part of the numerous participants tells that the Forum became the appreciable phenomenon not only for the professionals and business people of Belarus, but also for foreign representatives of business. With each year the geography extends, the amount of participants increases. More than 250 enterprises, companies, scientific institutions from 17 countries have presented their expositions this year on the following basic thematic sections:
1. Technological equipment, assembly and farrier&press equipment;
2. Automation of manufacture and re-engineering of business processes at the enterprise;
3. Machines, machine tools and instruments;
4. Control&measuring and diagnostic equipment;
5. Industrial transport, warehouse, logistics;
6. Equipment for processing and secondary use of manufacture wastes;
7. Service in repair and modernization of the industrial equipment.
One of the bright illustrations of Russian-Belarusian integration processes is carrying out of the Days of the Northwest Federal District of Russian Federation in the framework of the Belarusian Industrial Forum.
The State Committee for Science and Technologies together with BelISA has acted as the collective organizer of the scientific and technical section on the Forum. Its total area reached 160 sq. m, of which 78 sq. m were occupied by the exposition of the Ministry of Education, 77 sq. m– by the National Academy of Sciences and 5 sq. m by BelISA. More than 250 developments of 24 Belarusian R&D organizations and universities were represented there.
The S&T exposition has caused significant interest of the visitors and participants. A number of companies have expressed their interest in development of S&T cooperation, and also in purchase of the exhibits demonstrated. The large interest was caused by the new development of Belarusian National Technical University (Defektoskop TVD-A1) and Brest State Technical University (Contact water heater "Pulsar").
Within the framework of the Exhibition the following scientific practical conferences, seminars, and round tables were carried out:
May 16, Tuesday
Round table “Enhancement of legislative base in the questions of effective manufacture and consumption of fuel and energy resources”.
May 17, Wednesday
Plenary session “Energy and resource saving — state policy at the present stage”.
May 18, Thursday
Seminar “Development of high-tech welding processes and their use at the enterprises of the Republic of Belarus”,
Seminar “Surface engineering”
May 19, Friday
Seminar “Development of new resource and energy saving products and technologies”.
The State Committee for Science and Technologies, BelISA, Ministry of Education and National Academy of Sciences of Belarus were awarded with the diplomas of the organizers of the exhibition for organization of the collective S&T expositions (academic, branch and universities) in the framework of the Belarusian Industrial Forum. The diplomas "For development and introduction of energy saving technologies and professionalism in use of modern marketing technologies at the exhibition” were adjudged to the following organizations:
- Belarusian State University;
- Polotsk State University;
- Institute of Mechanization of an Agriculture of the NAS;
- Belarusian State Research-and-Production Concern of Interbranch Machine— and Instrument Making "BelMashPribor”;
- Physical Technical Institute of the NAS.
The other participants of the collective S&T stand received the gratitude of the Organizing Committee.