National Exhibition of the Republic of Belarus "Belarus-2006" in Chelyabinsk
March 15, 2006
According to the Plan of national exhibitions (expositions) of the Republic of Belarus abroad for 2006 approved by the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of 19.01.06 N 58 the National exhibition of the Republic of Belarus "Belarus-2006" was held on 9-11 March, 2006 in Chelyabinsk (Russian Federation) in the pavilion of “Yuzhuralexpo” Expocentre.
The organizers of the exhibition: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Trade of the Republic of Belarus, South-Ural Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus has acted as a collective organizer of S&T section while BelISA has realized all the technical activities connected with its preparation. 187 developments of the 17 Belarusian R&D organizations and universities were demonstrated at the stand which total area was 87 sq. m.
Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus was represented by the following participants:
- Belarusian State University.
- Belarusian National Technical University.
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radio Electronics.
- Belarusian State Technological University.
- Scientific and Technological Park of BNTU "METOLIT".
- Brest State Technical University.
- Grodno State University named after Y. Kupala.
- Belarusian State University of Transport, Gomel.
- Gomel State University named after F. Skorina.
- Gomel State Technical University named after P. Sukhoy.
- Belarusian-Russian University, Mogilyov.
- Vitebsk State Technological University.
- Polotsk State University.
After the opening ceremony the S&T section was visited by Deputy Minister of Economic Development of Chelyabinsk Province Igor Lashmanov.
The First Vice-rector of Belarusian State University Prof. S. Rakhmanov had the official meetings with the vice-governors of Chelyabinsk Province and rectors of universities. Representatives of Chelyabinsk State University, South-Ural State University have expressed interest in purchase of computer-guided means of measurements (multifunctional measuring complex UNIPRO, digital oscilloscopes BORDO and BORDO USB, generators of signals of voluntary form AGENT B-230) for educational process and scientific research.
The National Academy of Sciences of Belarus was represented by 3 organizations:
- Institute of Heat and Mass Transfer named after A. Lukov;
- United Institute of Solid State Physics and Semiconductors;
- Institute of Technology of Metals.
The visitors were interested in technologies of controlled water and air cooling, developments in the field of mathematical modeling of processes of heating and optimization of technological modes of operations of heating furnaces, and also technologies of micro spheres and micro corpuscles production.
On 10 March, 2006 Seminar and presentation of scientific organizations and universities of the Republic of Belarus and their developments was held in the framework of the exhibition. The following reports were delivered there:
- S. Rahmanov “Scientific and innovation activities of Belarusian State University”;
- M. Makarov “Innovation infrastructure of Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus”;
- M. Sazonov “Plasma technologies as one of the basic modern technologies of increase of hardware operational properties”;
- A. Boyko “Innovation activities of Gomel State Technical University”;
- N. Busel “Absolute optoelectronic converters of angular moving on the basis of Sin-Cos primary sensors”;
- M. Kupreev “Ceramic composite materials and abrasive tools with increased stability”;
- S. Sakharuk “Computer-guided means of electrical signals measurement”;
- A. Akimov “Development of ceramic and super firm materials”;
- V. Khorkov “Research topics, projects, and developments of the Institute of Technology of Metals of the NAS”.
V. Burmistrov, professor of physics of Chelyabinsk State University; B.Tokarev, the 1st Vice-president of the South-Ural Chamber of Commerce and Industry; S.Hilko, Director, “EDLIS”; V.Plitman, General Director, “Ecorm” actively participated in the seminar.
For active participation in the exhibition and high level of R&D developments the diplomas of participants of the National exhibition of the Republic of Belarus in Chelyabinsk "Belarus-2006" were awarded to all the 17 organizations which took part in it. The State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus and BelISA were awarded with the diploma of Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for organization of satellite measures.
Exhibition, seminars and the business meetings have brought in a new positive impulse to the further development of economic communications between Belarus and Chelyabinsk Province of Russian Federation. A number of fruitful agreements on cooperation have been concluded which may result in signing several contracts on delivery of scientific and technical production to Chelyabinsk Province.