National Exhibition of the Republic of Belarus in the Republic of Kazakhstan "BelarusEXPO-2013" (5-8 June 2013, Astana, Kazakhstan)
July 30, 2013
In accordance with the Plan of national exhibitions (expositions) of the Republic of Belarus abroad for 2013 and the Plan of international events of the State Committee on Science and Technologies of Belarus (SCST) for 2013, the SCST jointly with BelISA organized a S&T section within the Belarus National exhibition in Kazakhstan "BelarusEXPO-2013".
The opening ceremony was welcomed by the official delegations led by Mikhail Rusuj, Deputy Prime-Minister of the Republic of Belarus, Chairman of the Belarusian part of the Belarusian-Kazakh Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic Cooperation on the Belarusian side and Bahytzhan Sagintayev, First Deputy Prime Minister the Republic of Kazakhstan — Minister of Regional Development on the Kazakh side.
The Belarus S&T exposition included the collective stands of the Ministry of Education, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (NAS), Ministry of Health and the booth of the Joint Belarusian-Japanese Venture "LOTIS TII." The S&T exposition covered 102 square meters and demonstrated over 190 developments of Belarusian scientists. The Belarusian delegation which worked at the S&T exposition included 27 experts.
The main thematic sections of the exhibition are as follows: electronic systems, nanotechnology, metallurgy, surface treatment of machine parts, new materials, new ultrasound technology, industrial wastes processing, medicine, light industry, construction, engineering and instrumentation, and ecology.
The main results of participation in the exhibition:
1. Section of the Ministry of Education:
– a memorandum of understanding between the Belarusian State University of Informatics and Electronics and Karaganda State Technical University signed with a view to preparing a cooperation agreement and a contract in the area of protecting a human from electromagnetic radiation;
– three protocols of intent signed by the members of the Belarusian State University delegation on cooperation in biotechnology and transport.
2. Section of the NAS:
– a protocol on cooperation between the NAS of Belarus and JSC "Parasat" was signed;
– an agreement on cooperation between the Institute of Physics of the NAS of Belarus and the Eurasian National University named after L.Gumilev was signed;
– two agreements with the Eurasian National University named after L.Gumilev and LLP "Kazakhstan Aviation Industry" on cooperation in joint development of unmanned aircraft systems (LHC) and also on delivery of LHC to Kazakhstan and transfer of production equipment and tooling.
3. Section of the Ministry of Health
– an agreement on S&T cooperation has been agreed between the 4th City Traumatology and Orthopedics Hospital (Almaty) and Republican Scientific and Practical Center of Traumatology and Orthopedics (Minsk).
Within the framework of the National Exhibition, the members of the Belarusian delegation held numerous meetings and negotiations in different areas, gain new and strengthened existing business and professional contacts and links. As a follow-up of their activities, three Kazakh delegations have already visited Minsk being interested in cooperation with Belarus.
Source: Department of S&T events and market research, BelISA.