The 2 International Specialized Exhibition "World of Metal-2006"
October 06, 2006
According to the Order of the Prime-minister of the Republic of Belarus of 12.07.2006 N 83p the National Exhibition Centre "BELEXPO" and Minsk Business Centre “MAP ZAO” with the assistance of the Ministry of industry and Ministry of power of the Republic of Belarus carried out the 2 International Specialized Exhibition “World of Metal-2006” on 12-15 September, 2006 in the Exhibition Hall at Y. Kupala str., 27.
The exhibition became a large industrial forum for metal producers and consumers. The purpose of the event was as follows:
- establishment of mutually advantageous contacts between Belarussian and foreign companies;
- attraction of investors to Belarussian market;
- deepening of cooperation between enterprises;
- enhancement of international S&T cooperation.
More than 100 organizations and companies from Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and Lithuania participated in the exhibition.
The following persons took part in the opening ceremony of the exhibition: Mr. I. Demidovich, First Deputy Minister of industry; Mr. V. Pranoich, Deputy Chairman of the State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus; Dr. A. Ilyuschenko, General Director of Concern of powder metallurgy; Mr. A. Salikov, Chairman of the Governing Board of Belarussian Universal Commodity Stock Exchange; Mr. A. Lazuko, Director of "BELEXPO” National Exhibition Center; etc.
The State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus together with BelISA has acted as the collective organizer of the section of S&T developments at the exhibition “World of Metal-2006”. The general area covered by the section has reached 66 sq. m. 15 R&D organizations of the Ministry of education and National academy of sciences of Belarus have taken part in it with more than 80 scientific developments in the field of metal working, metallurgy, laser engineering, machinery— and instrument making, vehicle.
The basic areas of the exhibition are as follows:
- metallurgical raw material;
- rolling, pipes, ferrous materials, alloys;
- metal working, products, molding;
- hardware, elements of fixture;
- tools, metal cutting instruments, technological equipment, electro technical equipment, cable production;
- welding, technologies, welding equipment and consumables for welding works;
- manufacturing, repair, modernization and restoration of equipment, processing of non-ferrous metals;
The stand of the Ministry of education of the Republic of Belarus has got an area of 30 sq. m. Vertical panels of walls of the stand were decorated with the posters representing the Ministry and R&D organizations subordinated to it, such as: Technopark “Metolit” at BNTU, Brest state technical university, Belarussian state technological university, Belarussian national technical university, Belarussian state university of informatics and radio electronics.
The exposition of the National academy of sciences of Belarus was represented by the following R&D institutions:
– United institute of mechanical engineering;
– Institute of technology of metals;
– Institute of powder metallurgy;
– Institute of heat and mass transfer.
They demonstrated 34 S&T developments in total.
The developments exhibited have caused the large interest of experts engaged in development of new technologies for getting, restoration and hardening of details of machine-building application. During 4 days of work the R&D section was visited by 150 representatives of organizations and enterprises of the republic.
According to the results of the S&T section of the exhibition “World of Metal-2006” participants have received awards:
1. State Committee for Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus — for active participation in preparation and realization of the exhibition;
2. BelISA — for organization of the collective section of S&T developments;
3. Belarussian state university — for active participation in preparation and realization of the International Specialized Exhibition “World of Metal-2006”;
4. Ministry of education of the Republic of Belarus — for organization of the collective exposition of S&T developments of universities.